Thursday, February 13, 2014

Blizzards and Beanies

Happy Snow day!
Class was cancelled for me today and I couldn't be more thrilled. 
Snow days for me are filled with toasty fire places, baking, movies, and tons of hot cocoa. 
For my blizzard friendly outfit, I'm wearing a trend that I never thought I'd be delving into...beanies. 
I always loved the concept of beanies but I never thought I could pull them off. When I stumbled upon this slouchy one in Gypsy Warrior, I tried it on and thought "hey, this doesn't look half bad on me", and for only 8 dollars I decided to pick it up. I thought the olive color looked nice against my complexion and would go well with my winter wardrobe. I also love the subtle shredded detail which adds a cool edgy touch. I paired the beanie with an olive skirt, a fuzzy textured sweater and a pair of ribbed tights. I added more layers of winter warmth with my houndstooth patterned coat and wool scarf. I accessorized with a pair of pearl earrings and a wishbone dainty necklace. I'm also stomping around in the snow with a new pair of black booties, I really needed to let my other pair cool off.





 Sabrina Says:
Winter is all about layering! You can still look fashionable on a snowy winter day, just throw on loads of layers! Tights, a collared shirt under a chunky sweater, circle scarves, cardigans under coats, hats...ect. 

18 comments:

  1. Perfect outfit:)) x
    Bianka
    http://ruhamania.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh these photos (and you...and your outfit!) are sooo beautiful! I love how you can actually see the snow! Also, I am in love with your coat (I actually am not a fan of houndstooth but you're making me reconsider!). Perfect. 10/10.

    <(") Hoda
    JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, you're so sweet!! I'm so glad I'm making you reconsider :)

      xo
      Sabrina

      Delete
  3. LOVE this outfit! That coat is to die for and you look so cozy but still chic! Also obsessed with beanies and this one's so cute :)

    x Trina
    www.talesofafluorescentadolescent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so perfect I've been SO into beanies lately! Your blog is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you look absolutely stunning! The coat and the beanie really fit you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! So cute :)
    Would you check out my blog some time?
    http://thecosmicnomadd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing outfit and post once again!! <3

    http://chameleonsoul7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit post!
    www.vworldrocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful coat ! Loving these pictures as well, so pretty :) x

    http://colorfullightning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you celine!
      I love your blog :)

      xo
      Sabrina

      Delete